Ifs you wish to see all available courses and course dates
HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy
Face to Face Skills Practice & Assessment
5 Hours Face-to-Face
Issued Same Day (Conditions Apply)
$120 (may vary)
Is the course nationally accredited?
Previously Known as
HLTAID007 – Provide advanced resuscitation
HLTFA404C – Apply advanced resuscitation techniques
HLTFA404B – Apply advanced resuscitation techniques
HLTFA404A – Apply advanced resuscitation techniques
Group Booking Discounts Available
HLTAID015 – Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy
HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy is the newest and most up to date advanced resuscitation course currently available. It replaces the older HLTAID007 Provide Advanced Resuscitation course with new, updated content and skills training. It’s an advanced course tailored for medical or health professionals whose role involves providing oxygen therapy to patients in complex emergency situations.
The course builds on existing first aid knowledge, so anyone participating must have previously completed the HLTAID011 Provide First Aid course.
First Aid Pro is a fully accredited and registered training organisation (RTO: 40407), and the training we provide is nationally recognised. The skills and procedures we teach are entirely in line with the standards of the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC), Safe Work Australia and other national peak clinical bodies.
Our Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy course are very hands-on. The course is delivered in person by a qualified trainer, giving students the chance to learn in an immersive and fully supportive environment. It also allows students to easily ask questions and attempt tasks, benefitting directly from the trainer’s real-world experience. You won’t find a more interactive CPR & oxygen therapy course.
During the course, participants will receive training in…
- CPR (Cardiopulmonary resuscitation)
- AED use (Automated external defibrillator)
- Assessing vital signs (respiration, pulse, oxygen saturation)
- Basic airway adjuncts
- The “Five rights”
- Safe administration of oxygen (legal requirements, correct use, cleaning, sterilisation and storage of oxygen equipment)
HLTAID015 was HLTAID007
Previously, the industry standard for advanced resuscitation training has been the HLTAID007 Provide advanced resuscitation course. However, this has recently been superseded by the HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy training module. This new standard in the industry is now fully updated and includes certification for the following:
- HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (previously HLTAID001)
- HLTAID015 – Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy (previously HLTAID007)
Advanced Resuscitation in a Hurry
The face-to-face training for the Provide advanced-resuscitation and oxygen therapy course is all provided in a single all-in-one training day. The course is approximately 5 hours long and generally runs from 9am in the morning to 2pm in the afternoon (although this can vary depending on the venue and the specific dates).
The activities undertaken during the course will include:
- Trainer-led demonstrations on the use of key equipment and skills and techniques used in resuscitation and oxygen therapy.
- The chance to practise with the equipment, techniques and skills used in resuscitation, assisted and supervised by the trainer and including the opportunity to ask questions.
- A variety of practical assessments, including role-plays, observations, class debriefs, and written and verbal incident reports.
First Aid Pro’s Advanced-Resuscitation and Oxygen Therapy course is the most hands-on, interactive course of its type. All assessments and practical training take place during the training session itself, meaning that you’ll be fully certified at the conclusion of the course, with certificates generally available within 24 hours.
You will still need to complete some knowledge requirements prior to attending training, based on materials provided to you in the lead-up to the course.
Advanced Resuscitation Training – Same Day Certificates
Once you’ve completed the resuscitation and oxygen therapy course, you’ll be officially accredited in the following training modules:
- HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- HLTAID015 – Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy
This training is industry recognised across Australia, and the certificates are fully valid for any professional role requiring HLTAID009 or HLTAID015 training. However, you should note that the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) recommends that CPR training needs to be updated every 12 months to be regarded as current.
The total cost of participating in HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy is only $120. This can sometimes be even lower, depending on our daily deals. And of course, if you come across an equivalent training course at a lower price, we’ll match it.
Is there an Advanced Resuscitation near me?
First Aid Pro runs training at a range of sites throughout Australia. Around the Sunshine Coast, we operate out of the following venues:
More broadly, we operate multiple training venues in most capital cites and run training in many significant regional centres. Just as a snapshot, we operate in each the following locations:
- Adelaide, South Australia
- Brisbane, Queensland
- Mooloolaba, Sunshine Coast, Queensland
- Southport, Gold Coast, Queensland
- Canberra, ACT
- Darwin, Northern Territory
- Hobart, Tasmania
- Launceston, Tasmania
- Melbourne, Victoria
- Perth, Western Australia
- Sydney, New South Wales
Our HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy courses run regularly at various times depending on the venue but are most commonly from 9am to 1:30pm. Students are asked to arrive 15 minutes before the start time, as doors will be closed and the course commenced at the posted time. Latecomers may be asked to reschedule to another date.
Click on your home state or territory to find the training location nearest you and get more information about when specific courses are running. Or contact us on (08) 8382 4677, or by email for more details.
Requirements for enrolment
There are some criteria that participants need to meet to take part in the HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy course.
Firstly, participants must be at least 14 years of age, and anyone under 18 must have signed consent from a parent or guardian to take part.
You must also have completed the training module HLTAID011 Provide First Aid, as the knowledge and skills from that course will be assumed in this training.
The course also has a strong practical element, which involves some physical exertion. To complete the course successfully, you’ll need to be physically capable of the following:
- Perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an adult manikin placed on the floor
- Perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an infant resuscitation manikin placed on a firm surface
- Operate an automated external defibrillator (AED) to deliver at least one shock
A Covid-safe program
First Aid Pro is committed to your welfare, and as such, we follow best practice procedures for Covid-19 safety and infection control. The following measures are in place for all our training courses:
- Sign-in sheets for participants
- Maintaining safe social distance, where practical.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE), including face masks.
- Equipment and materials being regularly cleaned and sterilised.
We ask that participants in the course respect these measures and follow all instructions regarding them. We also ask any participants who are unwell or displaying flu-like symptoms not to attend – you can contact us to reschedule at no additional charge.
Your USI Number
Currently, students undertaking any form of professional VET course (Vocational Education & Training) are required to provide a USI (Unique Student Identifier) number. First Aid Pro cannot provide this number for you – the number is issued by the government and unique to you. Fortunately, if you currently don’t have a USI number, the process is not complicated – you just need to go to the USI website and apply for a number. You can also lookup information on your USI from the same site.
The HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy course combines both theoretical knowledge and practical hands-on skills. Both theory-based and practical assessments take place within the class, observed and supervised by a registered trainer. Upon completing the day’s training successfully, students will be fully certified.
Advanced Resuscitation Techniques
The Advanced Resuscitation and Oxygen Therapy course is assessed on a range of factors. During the course, you will be assessed on your understanding of:
- Australian Resuscitation Council Guidelines
- Safe Work Australia Code of Practice
- Incident hazard and risk minimisation processes
- Infection control procedures
- Safe work practices for oxygen equipment and cylinders
- Workplace or site first aid procedures
- First aid kit contents
- Education and Care Services National Law
- State Education and Care Services Regulations
- First aider Duty of Care requirements
- First aider requirements for currency of skill and knowledge
- First aider skill and knowledge limitations
- First aid parent/guardian consent
- First aid privacy and confidentiality requirements
- Stress management techniques and available support for rescuers and children
- The effect of positional change during CPR
- The appropriate duration, hand placement, compression/ventilation cycles and cessation of CPR
- AED use on children (Automated External Defibrillator)
- AED safety and maintenance procedures
- Chain of survival
- Accessing and handing over to emergency services
- Assessing the level of consciousness for infants and children
- Basic anatomical differences and first aid considerations between infants, children and adults
- Using suction devices
- Benefits, contraindications and complications of a basic airway adjunct
- Assessing and interpreting vital signs
- Normal clinical values (respirations, pulse, oxygen saturation)
- Identification of signs and symptoms and first aid management for life-threatening-bleeding
- When oxygen is beneficial
- When oxygen should not be used
- Benefits, contraindications and complications of providing oxygen
- Benefits, contraindications and complications of suctions
- Selecting and using various oxygen mask types and other oxygen therapy devices
- Cleaning, maintaining, troubleshooting and storing various resuscitation and oxygen equipment
- Safe use, storage and disposal of consumables
- First aider and rescuer mental well-being and support
You’ll also need to demonstrate your practical skills by providing appropriate first aid to:
- A currently unconscious adult who is not breathing (CPR, AED, 2 rescuer CPR, oxygen ventilation)
- An unconscious adult who is regurgitating or vomiting (recovery position)
- An unconscious child who is not breathing (CPR)
- A casualty with blood loss of a life-threatening nature (tourniquet, haemostatic dressing)
- A casualty requiring supplementary oxygen (Assess vitals, provide oxygen)
In addition to the skills and knowledge listed above, you’ll also need to demonstrate that you’re capable of the following tasks:
- Identifying when to provide first aid
- Following DRSABCD protocol (Danger, Response, Send for help, Airway, Breathing, CPR and Defibrillation)
- Completing incident reports
- Performing a handover to emergency services
- Selecting appropriate resuscitation and oxygen equipment, and then cleaning, fixing and storing it after use.
Advanced Resuscitation of the Newborn Infant
During the course of HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy training, you’ll be learning to apply DRSABCD protocol and provide CPR not only to adults and children, but also to a newborn or very young infant. This training can provide critical skills for giving aid to children of any age.
Why do I need Advanced Resuscitation and Oxygen Therapy?
If you might find yourself needing to assist casualties suffering breathing difficulties or hypoxemia – either as a function of your professional role or by virtue of your situation – it’s critical to know how to do so effectively. Under the right circumstances, the provision of supplementary oxygen can be life-saving, but normally only qualified personnel are permitted to do so, as it can be very dangerous if you don’t know what you’re doing.
Advanced Resuscitation and Oxygen Therapy training provides the skills and knowledge to safely and effectively provide aid in these situations.
What other training courses does First Aid Pro offer?
First Aid Pro offers a range of courses on different aspects of first aid and other related topics. Have a look below to see some of the courses we offer.
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support (BELS)
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an education and care setting
- HLTAID013 Provide First Aid in remote or isolated site
- HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid
- HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy
- Manual Handling
- Manual Handling for Nurses
- White Card
- Mental Health First Aid (MHFA)
- Mental Health First Aid Refresher
Many of these courses are the updated versions of older courses. If you find yourself being directed to training in any of the topics below, it’s worth knowing that they’ve now been superseded by new updated versions of those courses. Regardless of that, First Aid Pro can help you out – providing you with the most up-to-date version of the training you need.
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) *
- HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support (BELS) *
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid *
- HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education & care setting
- HLTAID005 Provide first aid in remote situations
- HLTAID006 Provide advanced first aid *
- HLTAID007 Provide advanced resuscitation
* – The updated versions of these topics are covered in the HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid course.
Your First Aid Certificate – Fully Accredited
Get your fully accredited first aid certificate on the same day*
After successfully completing your training with Sunshine Coast First Aid Courses you will receive a fully Accredited Recognised Statement of Attainment for your first aid course. There are no hidden costs.
* Not all courses will receive certificates the same day
NO Pre Tests Required
Our course is flexible in delivery, and we provide a learner guide to be studied by participants prior to attending their practical session.
To ensure the integrity of our assessment process, there is no online assessment to be completed. However, written assessments and progressive assessments will take place during your practical session.