Ifs you wish to see all available courses and course dates
HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
Course AKA code(s)
Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
CPR update course
Is the course accredited?
Does the course meet workplace requirements?
Group Booking Discounts Available
HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- New code
- 2 hours in class
- Knowledge Assessment: In-class
- Practical Assessment: In-class
When attempting to maintain or preserve life in someone unresponsive and having difficulty breathing, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) is essential.
HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation is taught in line with Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines and leads to an accredited qualification for:
- HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
Get industry certified training from the Sunshine Coast’s cheapest and best first aid training provider
Why do I need CPR?
HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation addresses all the necessary knowledge and skills needed to recognise potentially life-threatening CPR emergencies AND provide practical CPR in real-world settings.
How do I get qualified for CPR?
HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation one part knowledge (theory) and one part practical (skills).
Students completing the Face-to-Face course will be assessed on the knowledge (theory) in-class.
Students completing the Learning Online course will be assessed on the knowledge (theory) online.
Practical assessment is completed in-class for both courses as it is an industry requirement for students to be observed performing first aid skills by a qualified first aid trainer.
How do I do CPR Face-to-Face?
This is the traditional way to complete a CPR course in that all learning and assessment content is covered in a single 2-hour in-class session run by an accredited trainer.
- $45 (may vary due to Daily Deals)
- Price match guarantee on any similar course
Course times and locations
Sunshine Coast First Aid’s Face-to-Face HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation courses run right here on the Sunshine Coast 7 days a week.
Find a sunshine coast first aid training course near me:
- Caboolture– Lakes Centre, Suite 4 – Training Room, 8-22 King St, Caboolture QLD 4510
- Caloundra – Caloundra RSL, 19 West Terrace, Caloundra QLD 4551
- Maroochydore – Sands Tavern, Plaza Parade, Maroochydore QLD 4558
- Mooloolaba – Suite 7/137 Brisbane Road, Mooloolaba QLD 4557
- 9:00am – 11:00am
Course start and end times may vary by location and date. Students should ensure they arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time.
CPR Training Requirements
HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation is an entry-level course available to students of all backgrounds and experiences.
It is an accredited and practical course, though, so all we ask is that you can:
- Prove you are over 18
- Provide guardian or parental consent if under 18 (must be at least 14)
- Confirm you are an Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- Read and write
- Communicate verbally with others
- Perform basic manual tasks
A USI (unique student identifier) number is a mandatory requirement for any student wishing to undertake vocational training. A USI number is unique to you and provided by the government to keep a secure online record of your VET certifications. You can look up your number or register for a USI number quickly and easily by clicking on the following link: https://www.usi.gov.au/students/create-usi.
First Aid Pro follows Covid-19 protocols; we kindly request you do the same. If you feel unwell, have been exposed to a Covid hotspot or should be self-isolating, please let us know, and we will reschedule your course accordingly.
CPR Content and Outcomes
Throughout this course, you will be assessed on:
Your understanding of:
- Australian Resuscitation Council Guidelines
- Safe Work Australia Code of Practice
- Incident hazard and risk minimisation processes
- Infection control procedures
- Workplace or site first aid procedures
- First aid kit contents
- First aider Duty of Care requirements
- First aider requirements for currency of skill and knowledge
- First aider skill and knowledge limitations
- First aid parent/guardian consent
- First aid privacy and confidentiality requirements
- Stress management techniques and available support for rescuers
- The effect of positional change during CPR
- The appropriate duration, hand placement, compression/ventilation cycles and cessation of CPR
- AED use, safety and maintenance procedures
- Chain of survival
- Accessing and handing over to emergency services
- Assessing the level of consciousness for infants, children and adults
- Basic anatomical differences and first aid considerations between infants, children and adults
Your ability to provide effective first aid to:
- An unconscious, non-breathing adult and child (CPR, AED)
- A regurgitating or vomiting unconscious adult and child (recovery position)
- An unconscious, non-breathing infant (CPR)
- An unconscious, breathing infant (open airway)
You will also be assessed on your ability to:
- Identify when to provide CPR
- Follow DRSABCD protocol
- Complete an incident report
- Handover to emergency services
Eight New First Aid Units of Competency Released
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation – sometimes referred to as CPR (supersedes HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation)
- HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support – sometimes referred to as BELS (supersedes HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support)
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid – sometimes referred to as First Aid (supersedes HLTAID003 Provide first aid)
- HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an education and care setting – sometimes called Childcare first aid (supersedes HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting)
- HLTAID013 Provide First Aid in a remote or isolated site (supersedes HLTAID005 Remote first aid)
- HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid (supersedes HLTAID006)
- HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy (supersedes HLTAID007)
- HLTAID016* Manage first aid services and resources (supersedes HLTAID008)
*Please note Sunshine Coast First Aid Course does not currently offer this unit
Your First Aid Certificate – Fully Accredited
Get your fully accredited first aid certificate on the same day*
After successfully completing your training with Sunshine Coast First Aid Courses, you will receive a fully Accredited Recognised Statement of Attainment for your first aid course. There are no hidden costs.
* Not all courses will receive certificates the same day.
NO Pre Tests Required
Our course is flexible in delivery, and we provide a learner guide to be studied by participants prior to attending their practical session.
To ensure the integrity of our assessment process, there is no online assessment completed. However, written assessments and progressive assessments will take place during your practical session.